A Talent Sourcer is an HR professional who will manage the company’s sourcing process. Similar job titles include Sourcer and Recruiting Sourcer.
Talent Sourcer responsibilities include:
- Interacting with potential candidates on social media and professional networks (e.g. LinkedIn, Slack and Github.)
- Crafting and sending recruiting emails.
- Coordinating with hiring managers to determine position requirements.
Talent Sourcer responsibilities include using various channels to look for potential candidates, contacting passive candidates and building talent pipelines for future hiring needs. If you have solid networking skills, know how to source on social media and enjoy learning about different roles, we’d like to meet you.
Ultimately, you will proactively identify our hiring needs and help us fill our vacancies with qualified employees.
Their responsibilities include:
- Interacting with potential candidates on social media and professional networks (e.g. LinkedIn, Slack and Github)
- Crafting and send recruiting emails
- Coordinating with hiring managers to determine position requirements
- Identifying qualified candidate profiles using various sourcing techniques (e.g. Boolean search)
- Developing talent pipelines for future hiring needs
- Measuring conversion rates, including numbers of passive candidates who turn into applicants, get invited to interviews, get offers and get hired
- Asking for referrals from current employees and external networks
- Promoting our employer brand online and offline
- Maintaining candidate databases (e.g. via our Applicant Tracking System)
- Communicating with past applicants regarding new job opportunities
Requirements to select them usually include:
- Proven work experience as a Talent Sourcer or similar role
- Hands-on experience with sourcing techniques (e.g. recruiting on social platforms and crafting Boolean search strings)
- Familiarity with HR databases, Applicant Tracking Systems (ATSs) and Candidate Management Systems (CMSs)
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to positively present our company and open roles to potential candidates
- Effective time-management abilities
- BSc in Human Resources Management or relevant field