Adding the below items to your user profile can help you stand out to potential employers or clients and boost your chances of winning new contracts, projects or jobs.
Adding a professional medium, like a video to your profile is an excellent way to market your relevant experience and expertise to prospective clients or employers. You can give your proposals a competitive edge by uploading a video that is polished and concisely showcases your skills. For tips on taking your profile to the next level is an awesome intro video.
Your profile and company page are where you have the opportunity to impress potential clients or employers with real-life examples of your skills and expertise. These items will appear alongside your profile and business page Ads in search results.
Use your profile to show off projects or achievements related to any or all of your skills, so long as you personally have worked on every item you add and adhere to all of GSourcers’ Terms of Service.
Add Videos/Audios / Documents
You can also add your brochures, videos and audios to the profile and business page. These should describe the work you did and add relevant skills for your work and projects you’ve completed related any category GSourcers offers. To add a medium to your profile or page:
- Go to Dashboard › Profile settings
- Scroll down to the Gallery, Audio/Video and Document/Brochure section and click the Add (+) button
- Enter the details and select Update now
Guidelines for Videos/Audios
- Upload your videos to YouTube or Vimeo first
- Disable monetization (no ads on your video)
- Ensure your video is public
- Adhere to all other GSourcers Terms of Service
Thumbnail images, URL, and/or project files can be attached for clients to view. Images can be in .jpg, .jpeg, .gif, or .png format. The minimum dimensions for images are shown on the respective sections. Attachments can be in .doc, .swf, or .pdf format. The maximum size is 5 MB for the thumbnail and 25 MB for attachments.
You can tag the project with relevant skills to help clients find your work more easily.
Like the rest of your profile, posting contact info isn’t allowed at all. That means these files (and linked sites) can’t include your email address, phone number, or chat ID.
Users with effective profiles tend to follow these best practices:
- Be selective and show your best work rather than everything you have ever created
- Highlight skills & technologies
- Keep your profile updated, as you complete new projects or jobs, remove examples that are outdated or irrelevant
Where possible, you can link items to past work. These items will be displayed more prominently and help build your credibility on the platform. We’ll automatically email the client when a portfolio item has been linked, giving them three days to reject it before the item will be publicly linked to their history.
Tip: Be sure your clients or employers are ok with you posting the work
GSourcers draws users from around the globe and many prefer to collaborate in languages other than English. In addition, some projects may require the ability to read and write (or translate) certain languages. Therefore languages are searchable on profiles. You can help your profile stand out to both local and global clients or employers by including all languages in which you feel comfortable communicating.
To add a language (other than English)
- Go to Dashboard › Languages
- Scroll to the Languages section and click the Add (+) button
- Enter the name of the language and that’s it.
Click the Save button or, if you want to enter more, click the Add New button.
Adding certifications to your profile that you’ve earned outside GSourcers is a great way to show off your skills and qualifications.
To add a certification
- Go to Dashboard › Certificates and Awards
- Scroll down to the Certifications & Awards section and click the Add New (+) button
- Add all your certificates and awards
By adding them, they can help you access opportunities that match your level of skill.